Your Ad Here

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

THE ALPINE - MONDAYS LOOK THE SAME

“I'm sick and tired of always being sick and tired”

It starts with a vocal build-up that promises something epic to come and then moves into a catchy piano riff with hand claps (yes, hand claps!). Then the whole thing starts to sound like my beloved Ark. And, that's before the massive, massive chorus comes in. One listen and I was hooked. Danish band The Alpine have created an anthematic pop song that's pretty much clever all over. This is the perfect driving, singalong music (even if it's not Monday).

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Their second single 'Tripping' is also pretty cool. I could namedrop some Danish bands if u like.

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean Trigger not tripping ;)

7:50 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Yeah, I love Trigger as well. Namedropping would be fab....I've just kinda hit the tip of the iceberg as far as Danish bands and I'm liking what I'm hearing.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

try Dúné, Moi Caprice, Kashmir, Mew, Superheroes, The Blue Van, The Broken Beats, Epo-555, Powersolo, Blue Foundation, The Raveonettes, Figurines, Cartridge, Diefenbach, Oh No Ono, I Got You On Tape and so many more.. but that would do it for now ;)... They are all on Myspace :-)

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot: Campsite and Lampshade :-)

2:05 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Thanks! I've heard of some of them (as you shall see in the posts very soon), but I'll check the rest out.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home