Your Ad Here

Thursday, October 26, 2006

THE CINEMATICS - BREAK

“It’s just a trick of the light, she said”

The Cinematics are from Glasgow and they sound a lot like The Departure (who honestly weren’t much of one), Interpol, the Editors and other like-minded 80’s indie bands. They have, however, crafted a fantastic slice of indie-pop with Break. It may be a bit on the broody side, but it is fabulously catchy and addictive, as all good 80’s-inspired songs should be. One day when this sound has retired from the music scene there’s gonna be one killer compilation album.

The Cinematics - Break

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! No album yet, but buy the track here.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

wow! this is genius - i am always so impressed by your finds, and what do i come up with? the latest crap cover by girls aloud. I do like the lead singers outfit too. tres chic. tres now.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Yeah, it's a great picture. I was actually thinking of your fashion post as I posted this band. They totally fit in with the other bands you were writing about.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

oh yay! I'm glad you thought of me...i mention you (again!) in todays blog (the one above the naked waiters blog!!)

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this band! They sound similar to the Killers and I love the lead singers voice!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Very much in the same vein as the Killers. This song is proving to be far more popular than I thought it would be when I first posted it!

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home