Your Ad Here

Tuesday, November 14, 2006



Disco "Song" #2



Listen & Download: Dschinghis Khan - Rockin' Son Of Dschinghis Khan
Download: Dschinghis Khan - Rockin' Son Of Dschinghis Khan

It's great when pictures can pretty much tell you all you need to know.
Blame Abba, I guess. From the haunting (...as in, it'll infiltrate your nightmares tonight) "ooh ah's" that open this song, to the chirpy German verses to the bizarre lite-rock English chorus, this song is a glorious mess. Another Eurovision entry, this group themed the majority of their songs on historical figures and exotic lands. But, don't confuse this with textbook-level writing. With lyrics like "he beats the fastest drum, and is the son" (really? I wouldn't have known from the title), the entire thing is utterly (atrociously) campy. Scariest of all, the band released six albums before breaking up in the 80's. Something tells me the real Ghengis Khan would not appear at the end of a song like this and proudly declare: "you're a rocker, you're a roller, you're a rockin' man and you are my favorite son!"

8 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

ABBA? I'd blame Boney M. It's a pretty straightforward 'homage' to Rasputin.

This is no bad thing. It's funny, you're putting these tracks on here as unashamedly trashy disco songs and they're some of my favourite songs!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I didn't say I didn't like the songs! I'm a huge fan of trashy, horribly campy disco. I just like to make fun of them as well! :)

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooooh mannnn! My new fave song and I totally love singing to it!!!! And the picture!!!!! Glee of glees! It is better than christmas!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

It's certainly "different" than Christmas ;)

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is hilarious. Can you stay doing disco forever?

9:24 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I just may have to do a sequel sometime. I loved doing it, and it seems that a lot of people are enjoying these lost "gems."

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This song is huge in Japan to this day. You can't go a week without hearing it on TV.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I must move to Japan...

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home