Your Ad Here

Saturday, November 04, 2006

THE PAPER FACES - BREAKIN' UP


“It scares me so that I can do without your love"

I posted the track Disco Boy by The Paper Faces during the first months of this site's inception. Since then, the song's become a hit on Swedish radio and the band has gone on to release their first ep. I like to think I had a little something to do with that (aren't delusions of granduer great?). Anyway, their new song has just been released and, although it's not in the exact same vain as Disco Boy, it's an equally catchy follow-up. The band meld a healthy dose of Swedish pop with some 60's elements (as well as a strong new wave influence). The piano in particular adds a little something special to this song. Sort of like a strange amalgamation between McFly, Melody Club and The Rolling Stones.

The Paper Faces - Breakin' Up

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great song, I really like it! Very catchy and sway-rific!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Sway-rific is a word I simply must use from now on!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

i totally think it was you that made this song a hit ;) But it's an awesome power you wield - be careful, or you will have Justin Guarini knocking at your bloggy door. Shudder

12:22 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

More like knocking at my dresser drawer. I stuffed him in their long ago so that he couldn't inflict the world with his "music" anymore. That damn hair, though... keeps popping out. :)

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home