Your Ad Here

Friday, December 08, 2006

2. Alphabeat (Denmark)
Alphabeat’s debut song, Fascination, may be the most joyful piece of music I’ve heard all year. From its incredible success so far in Denmark, it’s pretty much a given that these guys will be huge when their full-length is released. A second song, 10,000 Nights Of Thunder, proves that they’ve got ample material to follow up Fascination. If they can keep this going, their success will spread outside Scandinavia with ease. Definitely one of my most anticipated albums of 2007.

Best Track: Fascination
Myspace



1. Mika (UK)
No other artist on this list is quite as exciting as Mika. I seriously believe that he could become the biggest star the world has seen for quite sometime. All seven of the songs I’ve heard so far are of equal greatness. The guy just oozes with charisma and that impossible-to-describe x-factor. Judging from the Mika hype around the web, he’ll have no problem garnering a vast army of fans. Honestly, I’ll wish the guy good luck, but I don’t think he’ll need it. He’s one of the contenders for 2007 album of the year before he’s even released it.

Best Track(s): Love Today / Relax, Take It Easy
Myspace

2 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

Alphabeat was such an amazing discovery on your part; I'm so surprised they're not taking the blogosphere by storm yet. Maybe when their album comes out?

And as for Mika: oh yes. I honestly haven't heard a track by him I don't like, and I think I love all of them but one. "One of the contenders for 2007 album of the year before he’s even released it" (and even more) is spot-on.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Very excited about both of these artists. I'm expecting people to catch up with Alpabeat very soon, while Mika is an unqualified smash already.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home