Your Ad Here

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

ZEIGEIST - CHASING YOUR SHADOW


“So, your eyes gave me the blues”

Zeigeist are the third Swedish band in a row on the blog, but who can help it if Swede’s produce the best music in the world? Anyway, most of these electro-art-poppers’ tunes sound quite like The Knife, but I think that Chasing Your Shadow, a majestic slow builder, would be more at home on a Scissor Sisters record. Imagine it placed between, let’s say… The Other Side and It Can’t Come Quickly Enough, and I think you’ll see what I mean. What the track lacks in instantaneous pop pleasure, it more than makes up for with a flawless, lingering melody, even if I can‘t understand a word they’re saying!

mp3: Zeigeist - Chasing Your Shadow

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! No album yet, but buy it when it's out!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Power to everyone.
I've listened to The Knife for quite a while and the overwhelming cherfullness I used to feel whenever I heard them is now slowly decreasing (I'm not tired of them, note that. They are still probably if not the best, then at least one of the highest ranked bands in the explored universe). In order to compensate for this lack of excitement I was looking for some other band that sounded like The Knife that could turn me in to that old cheerful me again. Finally I succeeded. Zeigeist is right up there on the pedistal with The Knife. They just make you happy.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home