Your Ad Here

Friday, March 09, 2007

Alphabeat - The Hours



“Do I have to wait so long?"

I am proud to have been one of the first blogs to discover Alphabeat, a pop band that I believe have a long career ahead of them. Their music is so joyful and fun, which in itself can be a bad/annoying thing, but luckily their melodies and production are just as good. The Hours is one of my favorite songs from their newly released debut album (which I reviewed here). It really is time that we brought whistling back to pop music (and, no... that overrated Peter, Bjorn and etc. song does not count). The album will almost surely be featured in my end of year countdown, so you know you've gotta go out and get it.

mp3: Alphabeat - The Hours
zshare: Alphabeat - The Hours

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Nick, i fully agree. Alphabeat is a fantastic band. I discovered them when i was at the Fox-hotel in CPH, checking out the local MTV. I hope they get the breakthrough they deserve. Before i left Denmark I bought the album and my wife and i are huge fans. Hopefully we'll get a chance someday to see them playing live. I already did an email to the main Belgian alternative radio channel to make them aware that 'Alphabeat' exists.
Janosch, Belgium

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
I couldn't agree more - they are just the right side of cheesy but fun, the tunes are catchy and fresh. I am a huge fan!
Anne (Germany)

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home