Your Ad Here

Friday, March 16, 2007

The Dykeenies - New Ideas



“I've got a wealth of new ideas"

Meet the UK's answer to Hellogoodbye. The Dykeenies hail from Scotland, but they have a bit of an indie (dare I say emo?) influence to them that makes them sound more like a Californian band than anything. The band has opened for such UK stars as Maximo Park, The Fratellis and Mystery Jets, yet they don't really sound like any of those bands. There is also a remix of this very song floating around that adds some oomph to the original, but I'm not sure exactly how to get ahold of that. Go to their myspace to hear it.

mp3: The Dykeenies - New Ideas
zshare: The Dykeenies - New Ideas

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Preorder the new EP here)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness! THank you so much for all your time and effort.
Without you I wouldn't be listening to Stefy, Lily Allen et al.
Sheesh! here in TO, many people are only just hearing about Lily Allen! A big part of the problem t in my opinion, is because the Playlists of most radio stations seem to prohibit new music that isn't on the 40 top songs plus the usual 10 CanCon songs (CanCon Legacy:if I never hear Red Hot Chili Peppers again it will be too soon).

Tip of my glass to you!
Two hairy thumbs up!
Margaret in Toronto

7:24 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

You are so very welcome, and you've made my day! There's nothing better than hearing that people out there appreciate this lil' ol' blog!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home