Your Ad Here

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Protocol - Beautiful Girlfriend (Studio version)



“You're a beautiful girl, you need a beautiful boyfriend"

UK band Protocol were on my list of most depressing break-ups of 2006, and what makes their demise even more depressing is the fact that their debut album, Rules Of Engagement, was never even released during their brief career. While I'm still waiting to hear the album in full, Beautiful Girlfriend (newly made available in HQ from the band) only heightens my desire (ooh!). Hearing this track in its acoustic version originally, I'm loving the studio version even more. This band combined so much of what I love in music (hooks, keyboards, fashion, etc) and, although they may have been shortlived, they gave us some great stuff to remember them by.

mp3: Protocol - Beautiful Girlfriend
zshare: Protocol - Beautiful Girlfriend

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! No album to buy ):

8 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

This is great! It reminds me of someone or something at some points (especially at the beginning of the chorus), but I can't figure out who at the moment. I only know one or two other songs by Protocol, but they and this are enough to make me hope that album is available, one way or another, some day. There's something very...hmm...for lack of a better word, delicious--in a dark but glimmery, maybe glossy way--about this song.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I've loved each and every track that's been released by this band and I am hoping that the entire album will see the light of day eventually. I don't know what could be stopping them from releasing it on the web.

3:06 PM  
Blogger rkukmedia said...

Your mp3 links not working, love this song as well theirs a one minute preview on youtube, please upload the mp3 again!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll always love this band.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Luis said...

yes I remember hearing this band way back, but now, they aren't findable at all. do you have any clue of how to buy their CD's

10:07 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Unfortunately, even though it was recorded, an album was never released. All that's available are the songs on the cd-singles. :(

4:29 PM  
Blogger Luis said...

believe it or not (i'm not sure it matters anymore), but i was able to find all their music the other day in my seach. sadly they are only .mp3's available, so defs not ideal for the audiophile like mineself. here's the link:

http://rkukmedia.ning.com/profile/Protocol

9:31 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Thank you SO much for this link!! I've posted about it today :)

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home