Your Ad Here

Monday, March 12, 2007

The Vincent Black Shadow - Metro

“All I can say is that the drugs don't work no more"

Let's get it out of the way first: I hate this band's name. It has something to do with a motorcyle, I'm told. Whatever. What's important is that this Canadian band have produced a song that is the missing link between No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom and Return Of Saturn. It has such a great old school No Doubt feel to it and could have been a huge hit for that band. But, the year is now 2007 and, although singer Cassandra Ford's vocals bear a remarkable pre-lamb Stefani resemblance, VBS completely deserves huge success now. Buy their album and obsess yourself over this song, because if there's any justice in the world you'll be hearing it on the radio soon. It is simply the catchiest and most immediate thing I've heard all week.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here)

6 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

I love this! ...and, to be honest, I don't think I would've ever given this band a chance if I'd just seen their album cover, which would've been a real shame.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Yeah, it's the classic case of crappy band name, crappy cd cover, and fantastic band. They could be huge.

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang, that's catchy...

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, if they just subtracted the "the" from their name and kept it the same, I think it would sound a lot better!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

It would be a start...

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love their music.. check the other tracks out

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home