Your Ad Here

Monday, April 16, 2007

The Dignity Of Labour - XRV



"Into the place where truth and sin collide"

I've got some straight ahead synth pop for you today. The Dignity Of Labour has a very... well, dignified sound. Their music is the kind of uber fashionable stuff that would sound good in almost any situation, though it'll probably never be played on the radio or produce any sizable hits. XRV, despite its underwhelming title, is a gorgeous slice of stately pop music that, while it might not bowl you over at first, definitely improves upon each listen. The group has been together since the 80's and have many releases under their belt, so if you like this kind of stuff, check out their catalog.

The Dignity Of Labour - XRV (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting sound. I've never heard of them before but I'll definately be checking their stuff out soon.
THanks for the tip

4:59 AM  
Blogger Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

I've never heard of them, either, but nicely done. Sounds like a Red Flag-produced Alan Parsons album, as if that would ever happen.
Thanks for the link!

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice sound, retro '80s in a way but with conventional touches. Not my usual fare, but it's good to expand one's horizons.

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great track from a group I've never heard of before. But ... like charliehiphop said, it's good to expand your horizons. I remember the days when I used to listen to bubblegum pop and think about how I've grown to like new genres of music since then.

Hey torontoviewer, if you're from Toronto, so am I. Whereabouts?

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home