Your Ad Here

Monday, April 09, 2007

Hello Operator - 55 Regrets



"It's all a systematic game that we left behind"

Canada's Hello Operator were one of my ten bands to watch in 2007. Every song I've heard from them is absolutely brilliant, and this new(ish) one, 55 Regrets, follows suit. Hello Operator borrows heavily from The Cars' sound, replacing the angular rhythms of many of their contemporaries with a poppier, more radio friendly sound. It is the perfect kind of music for the summertime. The band has also put some newer songs from (I assume) their upcoming debut album on their myspace page. Listen and love.

Hello Operator - 55 Regrets (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the EP here)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving this track! It's quickly made it into my iPod rotation at the gym. These folks need to come over to Canada to play a show! Thanks a ton for sharing!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Well, they're from Canada so I'm surprised they're not playing right now!

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so blind! So they ARE from Canada. After checking out their Myspace page, which has a few other top-notch tracks (listen to It's All Behind You...), I realized they are from my hometown of Toronto. Too bad their tour is happening south of our border. The folks in the States are lucky. Hopefully they'll come back up to play a show or two.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jan. 18 - Casbah - Hamilton
Jan. 23 - The Foundation - Barrie
Jan. 28 - Guelph University - Guelph
Feb. 1 - The Ford Plant - Brantford
Feb. 2 - The Hype - all ages - Brampton
Feb. 5 - Horseshoe Tavern - Toronto - CD Release

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home