Your Ad Here

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Honeydrips - (Lack Of) Love Will Tear Us Apart



"Oh baby, please open your heart"

Although a bit more downtempo than a lot of the stuff that I post, I am totally in love with this song. Like fellow favs Lucky Soul, this band borrows some vintage elements and contemporizes them. I can't quite put my finger on what about this track sounds "old fashioned" to me, but it definitely has a classic vibe to it. The Honeydrips is the work of Mikael Carlsson, a fantastic songwriter from Göteborg, Sweden and this song features Hanna (whoever that is!) on vocals. And, although the vocals are very smooth and pretty, the best part of this song is when the spoken male part comes in.

The Honeydrips - (Lack Of) Love Will Tear Us Apart (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Hanna from Cat5.
www.cat5.se

11:07 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Thanks! I should have known. I love Cat5.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

not only is the title freaking brilliant and the first few seconds marginally reminiscent of Wouldn't Change A Thing by Kylie, it's actually a top notch tune that I am really enjoying! Glad you made the UK OK!!!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Glad you like it! I'll be up in the Birmingham area in a week or two btw. Next up is the glorious land known as Sweden!

8:32 AM  
Blogger xolondon said...

Delayed reaction from me- it's very good!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home