Your Ad Here

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Laakso - The Death Of Us



"We did it for love and we did it 'cause we had to"

Today is Laakso day, for a band can’t release an album as good as theirs (Mother, Am I Good Looking? - see review below) and escape my undying praise. Mother is the kind of album that’s hard to pick a single track from, as everything fits together so perfectly and each song has its own qualities that makes it special, but today I’m going to post the epic The Death Of Us. While it might not exactly be your typical rock hit, it succeeds in building up a wall of emotions and twisting the listener through points of contemplation and catharsis, all while being remarkable addictive at the same time. It’s impossible to pick a highlight from the record, but this was one of the tracks that hooked me the quickest, and I’m hoping it’ll do the same for you. Also, I’d be remiss not to mention that these guys are supporting my musical heroes The Ark on their current Scandinavian tour. If only I were there to see that double bill!

Laakso - The Death Of Us (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home