Your Ad Here

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Starlight Mints - Inside Of Me



"I just want you to see what's inside of me"

They all look very serious in that picture, don't they? It'll surprise you, then, that the song I'm posting today is so jaunty. My friend recently introduced me to Starlight Mints, which have a very Of Montreal-esque sound. The album that this track is from is a bit more experimental than the poppy Inside Of Me suggests, but as you all know, I love a bit of pop... so you're getting the catchiest track here. Starlight Mints' music has been described as psychedelic bubblegum, which seems to be a genre that has gained traction within indie circles in the States recently. Not all of it is good, and the actual albums can be pretty patchy, but some of the stuff, such as this single, really stands out. Special kudos go to the opening of this track, which crashes in immediately with a great guitar riff.

Starlight Mints - Inside Of Me (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Cody said...

It won't truly have success, I suppose this way.
Hacienda Hamburger

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home