Your Ad Here

Monday, May 07, 2007

Switches - Step Kids In Love



"I never felt your daddy's fist before"

Kicking off UK Indie week is the only band out of my five picks that has actually released their debut album already. I first wrote about Switches and their non-album track No Hero a few months ago, and was impressed with their glam rock approach to indie music. Their album (Heart Turned To D.E.A.D.), I'm pleased to say, is a hodgepodge of different styles, incorporating power rock, glam, funk and 70's guitar pop. Step Kids In Love was my instant favorite of the new songs. It has a bit of a Scissor Sisters feel to it, a chugging pace not unlike that band's hit Laura. Actually, I think it's even more over-the-top (More over-the-top than Scissor Sisters? I know...) and of course sinfully catchy. On the downside, I've been a bit upset by Switches' lackluster chart success in the UK so far, and I hope that changes soon, because I can see them appealing to a wide audience with their music.

Switches - Step Kids In Love (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never felt your daddy's fist, hmmmmm that is a perverted line! Well, in my mind it tis! LOL! ;)

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insanely catchy tune, after only one listen. This is gonna go on my iPod gym playlist. It will be great for revving me up for 2 hours of sweating.

Thanks for sharing! Your site never disappoints with the great selection of music.

Step Kids in Love is a hilarious song title.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Grifit said...

This is great
I love the No Heroes song, but this is better, I'll keep an eye on them

9:49 AM  
Blogger . said...

saw them live last night.. AMAZING!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home