Your Ad Here

Monday, June 25, 2007

Lip Service - Flies



"I'm just sugar, sugar for the flies"

Lip Service are on Dead Frog Records, home also to one of my favorite bands, The Callahan. Both their single title and record label have rather unpleasant sounding names, but don't let that put you off. Otherwise, you'd miss a fantastic electropop number in the same vein as The Sounds, New Young Pony Club, and Surferosa. I won't call their sound terribly original, but it is a lot of fun. I don't know a lot about them, which leads me to believe that they're a fairly new band. The boy/girl vocals work very well on this track and the lyrics are quite interesting. When was the last time someone compared themselves to "shit for the flies" in a pop song?

Lip Service - Flies (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the single here)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home