Your Ad Here

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Wax Mannequin - Animals Jump



"Your favorite song is on the radio"

I heard this strange track on Canadian radio a few days ago and was instantly captivated. Wax Mannequin is the work of one man (Chris Adeney), who dabbles in the same sort of genre-smashing rock music as Of Montreal, though his music sounds a lot different than Montreal's. Animals Jump is a perfect example of this. It's very strange, yet manages to be catchy enough that you can sing along on the first listen. The beat is even sort of glam, which of course totally appeals to me. I could imagine this song developing an anthematic quality when performed live. It's just got that epic, operatic quality to it.

Wax Mannequin - Animals Jump (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are out of bandwidth!
i would love to hear this song, could you reupload it, or send it to me?

juanitagangle@hotmail.com

11:12 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Try the zshare link. I put them there in case my daily bandwidth gets used up.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home