Your Ad Here

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Kylie Minogue - White Diamond



"And just like a burning radio I'm on to you"

I, like many, have been anticipating Kylie's comeback cd for awhile now and I must say I'm not happy with the result. 2 Hearts was alright (though it doesn't fit in the context of the album at all) and the rest of the record is divided by good, classy songs that remember that pop music has got to have a melody, and some atrocious bits that I hated as soon as I heard them (Nu-Di-Ty & All I See spring directly to mind). Luckily, there's been so much material that's come out of the "X" sessions that I've just gone ahead and made my own comeback cd. I wanted to build it around two of my favorite tracks that Kylie's recorded in the past few years. My initial inspiration was I Believe In You (released in late 2004), one of the most gorgeous things Minogue has ever sung. Secondly, I knew I had to include White Diamond, the should-have-been first single from the new album, which I'm posting for download today. See what you think of my mix. I find it one hundred times more satisfying (and far less schizophrenic) than the actual album:

Kylie - White Diamond
1. Fall For You (unreleased)
2. Made Of Glass (b-side)
3. I Believe In You
4. White Diamond (unreleased)
5. The One (from X)
6. Rippin' Up The Disco (X b-side)
7. In The Mood For Love (unreleased)
8. No More Rain (from X)
9. Wow (from X)
10. Love Is The Drug (from Radio One album)
11. Stars (from X)
12. Spell Of Desire (unreleased)

Kylie Minogue - White Diamond (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy X here!)

4 Comments:

Blogger beketaten said...

i can't believe you didn't include "Sensitized"!! Alot of people seem to hate that one, and I've no idea why, but I can certainly get behind your love for "Made of Glass"...in fact it's a great mix, but seeing as I love the new album as it already is, it's a bit superfluous ;)

I'm curious--how did "Speakerphone" affect you?

6:11 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I certainly don't hate Sensitized. It's a really nice song, yet completely doesn't stick out to me when I listen to the cd. Definitely one of the better ones on X, though. Speakerphone... not so crazy about. I just find it kind of annoying I guess. I just prefer her doing more subtle, melodic pop music. It's not horrible beyong belief like some of the stuff, but not quite my cup of tea.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/71220952/Kylie_Minogue_-_X_2007.rar

Enjoy

2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about posting 'Fall For You' - never heard this one.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home