Your Ad Here

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

2003 - The College Year



I think this was the year that I really started to listen to music critics and got into some more "mature" music as a result. Naturally, though, my favorite stuff from this year still retained an uber-pop edge. I am baffled by the fact that Thicke blew up so big this past year with his boring Lost Without You when his debut in 2003 was so much better. I'm also baffled by how far away The White Stripes and Outkast have gotten from my favorites list after they had the two best albums of 2003 with Elephant and Speakerboxxx/The Love Below. Ditto for Kelis, actually. God it's depressing how these artists couldn't keep my attention for longer. Still, at least they left us with some amazing tunes.

Outkast - Behold, A Lady
The White Stripes - Hypnotize (the shortest song, yet SO hooky)
Kelis - Keep It Down
Thicke - Lazy Bones (pure energy)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home