Your Ad Here

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

2004 - The Breakthrough Year



2004 was the musical turning point for me. Before then, I had stuck mostly to what was popular in the States, but with the discovery of the Scissor Sister's debut album everything changed. I wore that record out that summer and, through the band, I also discovered The Ark, which readers of this blog will know is my favorite band ever. I quickly snapped up the first two Ark albums and became dangerously obsessed. The Killers also provided rare coolness from my home country, along with all sorts of up and coming "indie" bands like Franz Ferdinand, Keane and Snow Patrol. Nellie McKay is perhaps the oddity in this list, and was released before any of the others this year. A pity she couldn't keep up the momentum she started with her fantastic debut. As great as 2004 was (and it was amazing), it couldn't even prepare me for what was coming next...

Scissor Sisters - Music Is The Victim
The Ark - Hey Modern Days
The Killers - Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine
Nellie McKay - Waiter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home