Your Ad Here

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Week of The Golden Compass!!

I meant to post this yesterday to kick off the week but forgot. I don't often talk about movies on here but I have been anticipating this one (out Friday in the US) for such a long time now. His Dark Materials is probably my favorite trilogy ever and I so want all three movies to be made. I've heard mixed things from reviewers (in general it seems like the UK ones like it a lot more than US ones) and I'm so scared that the controversy, reviews and changes to the movie are going to result in it being a failure and thus being the only one of the three books that makes it to the screen.
Nevertheless, I will be front and center Friday night basking in this fantastic, thrilling story. I hope I like it (and I think I will... I've never been too picky with adaptations, even from books this great) and just as importantly I hope others like it too, because The Subtle Knife, the second in the trilogy is probably my favorite and I'm aching to see it on the big screen. So who's going to watch it this weekend??

4 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

I am so excited and nervous for this movie. They're my all-time favorite books, I think, and I really want the movie to be good and do well. Won't get to see it this weekend, but I've got plans to see it around the middle of next week.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Grifit said...

I really haven't read the books, but Nicole Kidman is Nicole Kidman and I must see it.
If the U.S. didn't like it but the U.K. did, then it's good news, cause it means it's a good one and not one of those boring/stupid films, just to prove it take the example of Scissor Sisters.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I know I'll end up liking the movie... I just hope beyond hope that it does well at the box office so they can make the rest of the movies, especially since this one ends in a cliffhanger. The reviews haven't been amazing, but Ebert just gave it four out of four stars!!

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Melvin said...

I fully tie in with everything you have printed.
Juegos De 2 Jugadores | vacation rentals | beach wedding california

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home