Your Ad Here

Monday, January 21, 2008

MGMT - Kids

"Control yourself, take only what you need from it"

This week on the blog I'm going to do something that I honestly never thought possible. Each track this week comes from a new American group. That's right... American. Could 2008 be the first year in a long time where American music is actually sort of, dare I say it, good? We'll see.
Today, though, I'm starting with a duo that have released the first great album of 2008. They're called MGMT ("Management") and I posted a track by them a few months ago (their best song, Time To Pretend). The album is a kaliedoscope of different experimental pop styles, from Bowie to Arcade Fire to everything in between. Kids is the big dance track on the album and is one of the more instantly catchy ones the guys have recorded. Hopefully I'll have a real album review up soon, but for now know that it comes out tomorrow in the States and is definitely worth checking out.

MGMT - Kids (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home