Your Ad Here

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Blondfire - Oxygen

"You're oxygen to me"

Growing up, the Cardigans' First Band On The Moon was one of my favorite albums (predating my love for Swedish pop, even), so this new American band brings back a lot of memories. The reason for this is, they sound pretty much exactly like an electro-Cardigans. If that sounds good to you, listen to Oxygen, which has a stunningly beautiful sound. The duo are brother and sister Erica and Bruce Driscoll, and their music has a gentle tone to it that's perfect for a summer day lazing around outdoors. They seem to be getting a lot of good press and apparently they had a free song up on itunes awhile back but I missed it. Definitely not something that's going to set radio dials alight, but completely worthy nonetheless.

Blondfire - Oxygen (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

Blondefire used to be Astaire...you probably know the track 'L-L-L-Love' from a few years ago. Blondefire have a new single on iTunes called 'Pretty Young Thing'.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I actually missed out on that song when it first came out, but I've listened to it now. I wonder how successful these guys will be in the US.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home