Your Ad Here

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ali Dee & The Deekompressors - Go, Speed Racer, Go!

"Hit the gas, smell the rubber burning"

I'm proud to be in the short line of people who would trumpet the merits of the new Speed Racer movie despite its dismal box office performance pretty much ever. I've long since discovered that my entertainment tastes are (more often than not) completely opposite of mainstream America. Hell, I liked Racer better than Iron Man, and I've been a Marvel fan for most of my life! But, enough talk about the movie. Today's post is about the song that plays over the end credits. It's a giddy remake/remix/reimagination of the original series' theme song, and my friend and I had a hard time sitting still the first time we heard it. In fact, we sat through the whole credits because of it! Not everyone's gonna like this (just like not everyone'll like the movie... though please don't judge the movie based only on this song!), but you can't deny that the faux rap/dance hybrid is a ton of campy fun. Just as it should be.

Ali Dee & The Deekompressors - Go, Speed Racer, Go! (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the soundtrack here.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Yes, it was definitely one of the most thrilling visual experiences I've had at the theater in a long time. Luckily it was also entertaining in other ways, at least to me!

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Movie IS Amazing! Go Speed Go!!!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home