Your Ad Here

Monday, May 05, 2008

Delays - The Earth Gave Me You

"I can prove there's more than light in your eyes"

Delays continue their unbroken pattern of releasing perfect (perfectperfectperfect) albums with Everything's the Rush today in the UK. The album isn't a huge departure from past efforts, though their are more vocals by Aaron this time rather than Greg. I was worried about this (and still don't 100% approve) but it turned out not to matter at all when it comes to quality. The album is beyond brilliant (though their peak will probably always be You See Colours, my favorite album of 2006) and I could easily pick so many songs as my favorites. The Earth Gave Me You, though, sticks out above the rest, even though it's tagged on as a "bonus track" (think of it as an encore instead, as it closes the album perfectly). I like to think of it as Valentine Part II because it's by far the most falsetto-ey of the bunch and it even follows a similar musical structure. Bottom line, however, is that it's a gorgeous, perfect summer pop song, the kind that Delays do best. It is impossible to ignore this kind of music. Go buy their album because they are not getting the love that they should be. I already got mine at amazon for the very reasonable import price of seventeen bucks (minus vat and including shipping!).

Delays - The Earth Gave Me You (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Gumby said...

"You See Colours" was one of my biggest finds last year thanks to this blog. I'm pretty happy with this new album, which was pretty much at the top of my anticipation list for the year. It won't be my favorite album of the year, but it's a great addition to the rest of the Delay's catalog.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, great call on the Delays new cd! I'm really digging the album as a whole but I have to say No Contest and Pieces are my two favorite tracks. Pieces takes awhile to really get going but once it does it really turns into a fantastic song. Keep up the great work!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home