Your Ad Here

Monday, June 02, 2008

Alphabeat - Touch Me, Touching You

"I'd like to get to know you baby"

Today, in honor of Alphabeat’s (slightly tweaked) album finally being released in the UK, I’m going to revisit my favorite Danes. I’m so proud of these guys. Fascination still sounds as amazing as it did nearly two years ago when I first heard it, and it looks like 10,000 Nights (of thunder, as you original fans will know it) is shaping up to be a nice hit for them as well overseas. I was fully ready to post one of the tracks off their original debut today but then, in listening to their re-imagined UK album, my plans changed. There are three all-new songs included on the disc (and I must say I do miss The Hours and Ocean Blue, which they replaced) and many of the songs are remixed and/or otherwise modified as well. One of the new tracks, Touch Me, Touching You, is damn brilliant. In fact, it’s good enough to rival Fascination, and that’s saying something. It’s also got hands down the funkiest beat I’ve heard all year. In fact, it’s one of the best songs I’ve heard all year… a mature sounding, perfect dance track. The melody and overall sound reminds me a bit of Roxette’s great album track Physical Fascination, which is pretty high praise in my book. It makes me very excited about the future of this band, that’s for sure. If you haven’t already bought the first version of this great album, you’ve gotta get this now.

Alphabeat - Touch Me, Touching You (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the UK album here.)

4 Comments:

Blogger richard said...

I got the original album on import way back when, and it was such a shock (a pleasant one) to hear them getting serious airplay here in Ireland. Maybe music is going to be all right after all.
Anyway, must go to itunes and buy the new tracks :)

10:40 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Yeah, and in addition to the new tracks, Boyfriend, Rubberboots, and Nothing But My Baby have been modified from the originals.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you brought a piece on this. Love these guys. The song is amazing, but Go Go is also up there with the rest I think :)
Cheers

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

am i the last to hear about this group? god, the u.s. is such a musical wasteland *sigh* dirrrty pop was raving about the goup and this song in particular so i know i won't be disappointed. thanks for sharing new groups and music from across the pond (and beyond!).

dcdiva

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home