Your Ad Here

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Rongedal - Stroke Of Luck

"A stroke of luck's just what I need"

It took me a bit to finally post a song by these guys (honestly, I've had the songs for awhile but I just keep forgetting to put one up). For those not in the know, Rongedal are a Swedish pop group fronted by two twin brothers that creates music very much in the Mika/Scissor Sisters vibe. In other words... very very catchy (I mean, insanely catchy) pop music. The debut cd is a treat for anyone looking for a good, upbeat time. It's certainly not deep or anything, but pop music doesn't really need to be. Stroke Of Luck is one of my favorite non-singles on the album, with a particularly fun chorus that I could actually see my idol Ola Salo singing.

Rongedal - Stroke Of Luck (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Gumby said...

What a great find! This is exactly why I keep coming to your site everyday. Thanks for introducing me to a new great group.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Glad you like them. Have you heard Just A Minute?? It was their Melodifestivalen entry and is a pretty damn perfect single. The rest of the album's pretty much more of the same so check it out if you like these songs.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Gumby said...

I've listened to the whole album now. They've got quite an eclectic set of influences/homages. On the first few listens I heard Mika & Scissor Sisters, like you mentioned. Then there was the Ark, Outkast, David Bowie, and even early 90s power pop like Jellyfish & Mr. Big. I've never followed the Melodifestivalen or Eurovision, so this all new to me.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home