Your Ad Here

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Royworld - Wish Ourselves Away

"Give me a briefcase and I'll be a businessman"

Yesterday was a big day for music releases in the UK, with no less than three highly anticipated (by me, at least) albums hitting the shelves. One was the long awaited debut from Royworld, who I have been loving for a few months now. I can't say I'm entirely blown away (not yet, at least) but Man In The Machine is definitely a quality album. The best tracks are the ones we've already heard. I've got my fingers crossed that the brilliant Dust becomes the hit it should be. The album's high point is definitely the spacey interlude Transmission segueing into the anthematic title track, but you've probably all heard that so I'm going to post something different today. Wish Ourselves Away is a perfect example of emotional, orchestral pop music. It's a good indication of what you'll find on the rest of the album. I love the arrangement on this one and the vocals are beautiful.

Royworld - Wish Ourselves Away (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Baxter's Briefs said...

AWESOME! Probably never make it here to the states! So thanks for sharing! Reminded me of a male kate bush for a bit. Great stuff! Think they'll be one of my faves now!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

I'm not blown away by the album either. There are a few really good tracks but when you listen to it as a whole it begins to sound a bit same-y.

What were the other two albums??

7:17 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Glad you liked it, Baxter. Definitely check out the title track.

Derek, I'm thinking the album may end up being more of a grower. It definitely has some filler, but there are some amazing moments too.
Other two albums were Alphabeat (which is brilliant - see Monday's post) and the Zutons, which I'm really not sure about yet but I'm being patient with because their last one was so good.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home