Your Ad Here

Friday, July 25, 2008

Flashback Friday: Jimmy & The Boys - Products Of Your Mind



"We are the children of the age of desperation"

Mix Scissor Sisters with Marilyn Manson and you've got the weird style that was Jimmy Boys. An Australian new wave act with two releases in 1980 and 1981, the group was fronted by Ignatius Jones, who was quite a controversial figure in his day. They had their biggest hit in 1981 with a cover of Split Endz's They Won't Let My Girlfriend Talk To Me, but I prefer this punkier, edgier, way-over-the-top track from their first album. I could imagine this track being used in The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It's definitely a theme song to this band, describing them perfectly! And the video? Wow.

Jimmy & The Boys - Products Of Your Mind (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists!)

2 Comments:

Blogger The Lemur said...

Hi! It's The Lemur over @ The Lemur Blog http://thelemurblog.blogspot.com/
Sunday June 27 is my birthday and I'm reaching out with this mass-created message to all 100-something blogs in my blogroll asking them to send me a nice birthday track! I would like a track to thelemurblog@hotmail.com by Sunday, when I will be posting all tracks in a nice mix - of course linking to the blogs by their respective tracks! Thanks in advance!

Yours sincerely, The Lemur

1:12 PM  
Blogger The Lemur said...

July, sry

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home