Your Ad Here

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ally & Joey - Dreaming Wide Awake

"When gray meets light it creates new colors" (blech)

Two days ago something really cheesy happened on American TV. It was a musical called American Mall ("a place where you can buy anything... except your dreams!"), and as I sat watching it I couldn't believe that something so lame had actually been made in the 21st century. Now, I consider myself a connoisser of bad movie musicals (I mean, The Apple is one of my favorite movies ever) so I relished every crappy dance break and embarrassing song in this truly lame movie. Bad musicals are the best sort of comedy, especially when characters break into song for no apparent reason (ie: the At The Mall song early on--truly a sight to behold). The movie itself was, of course, completely forgettable, but there was one song (the almost infuriatingly catchy Dreaming Wide Awake) that has been stuck in my head since Monday. I am convinced that it could even be credible in a different context, with different singers. Just listen to this and try to get it out of your head. It's ridiculous.

Ally & Joey - Dreaming Wide Awake (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the DVD and soundtrack here, if you must.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Baxter's Briefs said...

LMAO! I can't believe you watched it! lol omg! the song is in my head now!!! Get it OUT!!!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Yeah, I know. Even I'm embarassed.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home