Your Ad Here

Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Galvatrons - Santa Cruz

"I want to take you home tonight"

It's my duty every few months to remind everyone how jaw-droppingly brilliant The Galvatrons are. They're my favorite new band of 2008 and I'm waiting very patiently for the album to come out (by the end of this year? early 2009?). What I do know is that a new single's due to be released in October with a video, and if you're as obsessed as I am you might want to check out their youtube behind-the-scenes videos, which are actually pretty boring but completely redeemed by the fact that you can hear snippets of a new epic epic epic track in the background. As for today, I'm posting a demo from the guys. Santa Cruz is such a fun, singalong track. It's completely silly and over-the-top, given all the gravitas of a rock opera. And it definitely heightens the Van Halen comparisons, with guitar work straight out of Panama. Rest assured that as soon as the new single comes out, you'll hear about it on this blog. I love this band.

The Galvatrons - Santa Cruz (Demo) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the EP here!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Gumby said...

But where's the love for "Robots are Cool"?

8:59 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Oh there's definitely love. I almost posted that one, in fact, but I was in more of a Santa Cruz mood that day.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home