Your Ad Here

Monday, November 10, 2008

The Crash - It's Contagious

"Dance with me tonight"

After watching The Crash's brilliant video for the even more brilliant song Still Alive on PPG's blog, I realized that I had been introduced to a potential new favorite band. As I listened to more material from the band, I discovered that, even though they've released four albums, there's really only a dozen or so tracks that I really liked. It's kinda disappointing, but not when a handful of those songs are 100% amazing. Their 2003 album Melodrama, in particular, contains the flawless trio of Still Alive, It's Contagious and Flash. All three contain those amazing Van-Halen-Jump-synths that I love so much. If all their songs sounded like these three they probably would be a favorite of mine. As it stands, though, they're definitely in my top three Finnish groups and Still Alive is the best song out of Finland ever.

The Crash - It's Contagious (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That video for 'Still Alive' is fantastic. Wow! And a great tune. Just sad to find it's unavailable on Itunes in the UK, but I did get a lovely track 'Lauren Caught My Eye' which is fab pop! Thanks for heading me in their direction!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Lauren Caught My Eye is quite good, but Still Alive / It's Contagious / Flash is just a killer trio and I think represents this band's pinnacle.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I saw The Crash live in May, as they played at our local festival. I was very surprised to see them on the line-up as it had been years since I'd heard anything about them, and I'd never heard anything of them attempting to break into the UK. It was a nice surprise to see them, but like you I think they're not quite as amazing as they could be.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home