Your Ad Here

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Nickelback - Something In Your Mouth

"Every sugar daddy hitting on her all night long"

I would have never thought in a million years that I'd be posting a Nickelback song on alienhits. I've spent the past few years railing against them and the fact that US radio has deemed them the only "rock" act worth playing. I hated Photograph, and despised Rock Star. Then again, I've liked some of their earlier stuff (especially Chad Kroeger's Hero) and was impressed with the poppiness of their latest single. More than that, though, I was curious about their new album because it's produced by Mutt Lange. I love Lange's work with big rock bands, and some of the stuff on this record is actually...gulp...pretty good. Something In Your Mouth opens the record and it's a completely sleezy party song--just what this band needed. Ultra-catchy and singalongable (though it's pretty raunchy, so keep that in mind when out and about :), it's everything that Nickelback should be. I may just have to start tolerating them again...and that honestly hurts to type.

Nickelback - Something In Your Mouth (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

Apparently I played this song 8 times today, and most of that was just playing it over and over again. Oh boy...

4:45 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

It's embarassing, isn't it?

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear nick, english's not my native tongue, so please excuse that i don't find some more appropriate words for nickelback than: what the hell is this crap doing in your fine blog?

5:49 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I was waiting (and kinda hoping) for a comment like this. Yes, Nickelback is crap usually, but I like this song and a few others. They will not be a prominent feature on this blog. Don't worry!! :)

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem, the Girls Aloud post compensates for everything :)

btw, anything new from Hotel Motel? What a great band! Thanks a lot for your efforts. I tried to contact Marika via myspace but she didn't reply. Too sad.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home