Your Ad Here

Friday, November 21, 2008

Nixon - Standby Mode

"Wake me up from this static dream"

For some reason the beginning of this song (before the vocals) reminds me of Christmas. Maybe I'm just in a holiday mood. Anyways, Norway's Nixon specialize in elegant 80's synthpop that sounds just like many classic new wave bands and one in particular that I can't put my finger on right now. My mind's drawn a complete blank but trust me, they're a dead ringer. Regardless, though, their songs are very beautiful and danceable at the same time. Their single, Tiffany, was released earlier this year and was very poppy. And from what I've heard of the album Uberpop, it sounds good too, though maybe not quite uber.

Nixon - Standby Mode (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come you have heard of these bands when I haven't? I am norwegian!

About his voice: He tries to sound a bit Morten Harket-like, doesn't he?

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They sound a lot like A-HA

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home