Your Ad Here

Tuesday, December 23, 2008



20. Royworld - Man In The Machine



I didn’t know they made them like this any more… an epic, piano rock track that would have fit nicely on Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

19. Eskobar - Flat Earth



I never thought they had such a manic pop song in them. The group’s best single to date… actually, their best song to date.

18. Danny - Radio



This song is so good that the first time I listened to it I swore it was a cover of some huge 80’s track. Turns out it isn’t, which is just jaw-dropping.

17. Ola - Love In Stereo



The most poptastic song at this year’s Melodifestivalen, it should have won the whole thing. Ola, we need a whole album of this sort of thing, please.

16. Black Kids - I‘m Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You



I still get goosebumps every time I hear that swirling, bombastic intro. The gender-bending lyrics and general craziness helps, too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Thnairg said...

Nice to see Royworld on your list ... my music year is a bit better for having stumbled onto them ... good album all the way through if you haven't picked it up yet.

-T

2:48 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I can't believe you've placed Radio so high, I'm really underwhelmed by it. The chorus is so weak! It's nothing on Tokyo or Play It For The Girls.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I'm usually not one for the uber-repetitive choruses, but Radio stuck with me instantly. I do love Tokyo as well, though Play It For The Girls is easily my least favorite Danny single.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home