Your Ad Here

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Think about that hazy summer we spent wrapped around each other"

New Zealand pop band Charlie Ash have been too shrieky for me in the past, but their new single Come Back Lover is a perfect distillation of No Doubt, Blondie and every other female-fronted new wave group you can think of (including a definite Cyndi Lauper influence). I hope that this bodes well for their upcoming album, due out in March. An entire cd of songs with this kind of sparkly synth sound would be a huge treat come the end of winter. The band's also got an unmistakable spunk and creativity about them (just look at some of their promo pics). They are a group I will be watching closely for the next few months, and one who could surely give fellow New Zealander Ladyhawke a run for her money.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Robpop said...

Yay! Someone else loves Charlie Ash!!!! I tipped them for 2009!!!! I hope they have what it takes!!! Get them on the next Air New Zealand flight now.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I 100% love this song but haven't liked anything they've done in the past so I hope their album is more along the lines of Come Back Lover.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'm likin this. Especially the tracks on their myspace. "Come Back Lover" and that cover of CMB are ace. Friending them now. Thanks for putting me on yet again, alienhits!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home