Your Ad Here

Thursday, February 05, 2009

"Remember you and me"

To round out my Eurovision week, I've got something very different. Love Symphony is the only song I've featured this week that will actually be going on to Eurovision. Not only that, but it's about 90% instrumental. An odd choice for Slovenia, for sure, but I quite like it. It's a lot more interesting than most of the stuff the Eastern Block puts forth, and I'm a huge fan of bombastic pop/orchestral music so it's right up my alley. The group is called Quartissimo and I really can't find a lot of information about them, but the only vocals in the song (and they're pretty minimal) come from Martina Majerle. Onstage, it's pretty much her and a four-man string quartet (the electric guitars apparently come from the heavens above, as well as the drums). Regardless, it's a fun song and refreshingly different for this contest.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://en.wordpress.com/tag/quartissimo/

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home