Your Ad Here

Monday, March 16, 2009

"Sometimes I think of you, it just gets all complicated"

I was pretty ignorant about the whole Alcazar thing. I knew a couple of their singles from hearing them on radio, but it was never enough to tempt me to listen to any of the albums. That is, of course, until their 2009 Melodifestivalen entry utterly blew me away. It's on another level than all of their other songs. Thankfully, the rest of their new album, Disco Defenders, follows suit. It's a fantastic pop album... probably the best of the year so far. I really struggled to decide which song to post today because they're all so good. It ended up being between the gorgeous Pet Shop Boys collaboration Baby (which you should definitely listen to) and the kooky, fun disco of My My Me And Mine. I ended up going with the latter, only because I felt it was more Alcazar-ish. It's a song that relies on attitude, which is something the band has to spare. Both melodically and musically, it's an interesting piece. Very pop (of course) but very different, too. It takes them one step further to being the Abba of the 00's.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home