Your Ad Here

Friday, April 24, 2009

Alienhits Loves... the Newcomers of Spring!



In the next couple of months there will be at least three debut albums released that could end up shaping the rest of the year. There aren't many things more exciting than a new face bursting onto the music scene, and each one of these faces are more than welcome to stay around for awhile.

First off is Tommy Sparks, who's self-titled debut comes out next month. His latest single, She's Got Me Dancing, is quickly moving up the radio one playlist, which hopefully means that he'll end up as a huge success. I've heard many of the songs and clips from the album and it sounds like just the type of thing I like. There are echoes of Scissor Sisters, Prince, and the Cars all over it. It's classic pop music, commercial and artistic. The track Messages that he did with Filthy Dukes earlier this year is AMAZING.

Next comes La Roux, who are currently defying expectations and rocketing to the top of the British charts with their single In For The Kill. Again, I've heard a handful of tracks and samples from the album and the more I listen to them, the more I anticipate hearing more. The vocals have gotten much attention, splitting people's opinion on the band. I wasn't sold initially, but have come around quite dramatically. The clip Popjustice posted today of a forthcoming ballad sounds gorgeous.

Finally, there are the Galvatrons (aka: the band built especially with my tastes in mind). I would kill for a tracklist or album cover from these guys, just as proof that the record is actually coming and coming on time. Last I heard, it was due at the beginning of June. But, that could easily change I suppose. Every song I've heard from this band blows my mind, and their new single Cassandra is one of the best of the year. Their music is the big summer blockbuster I can't wait to hear.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gumby said...

I'll have to look more into La Roux, but I can't wait for the other two albums. I'm right their with you as two of my most currently anticipated albums this year.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Poster Girl said...

The songs you posted from/involving Tommy Sparks really succeeded at upping my interest in him. "Messages" particularly is great--I really hope it gets some more exposure.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home