Your Ad Here

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"She was from another kind of world"

It was inevitable that I was going to end up doing a proper song post about Melody Club's new work. The album is out today (physically-it was out digitally on Monday) and I urge everyone to give it a listen if you haven't already. Eighteen is still rocking my world, but I'm thinking that if they go with a third single it should definitely be the ultra-summery High Society Girl. As with every song they write, it's crafted just for the radio, with breezy harmonies, plenty of hand claps, and an unattainable love story that's in keeping with the album's overall concept of... unattainable love. With each album, the band have veered from synth-pop to euro-pop to funk-pop and now to sixties/summer-pop, always keeping the "pop" at the forefront and always molding the different genres around their own glossy sound.
On a related note, if anyone can clue an American fan in on how to get ahold of You're My Favorite Waste Of Time (the itunes bonus track from the new album), I would be eternally grateful.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Adolph said...

This cannot truly work, I believe so.
travel nurse jobs | discount car rental codes | Main Vacation Spots

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home