Your Ad Here

Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Nothing seems impossible"

The weather has been dynamite in the Pacific Northwest lately, which is getting me thinking about Summer. One of my favorite Summer songs ever (and a nice follow-up to yesterday's post) is Niklas Stenemo's This Summer. Stenemo is the bassist in Melody Club, the former lead singer of the Mo and the singer of electro duo Kite (as if you didn't know all that already). He's released three solo songs on his myspace, and I'd kill to hear more because the combination of his voice, his songwriting, and his production is second to none. This Summer is a track I always dust off this time of year because it's the perfect "turning the page on winter" type of sound. The drums, the lyrics... I can't even put into words how much I love this brand of pop music. There's just something about it. Listen for yourself and enjoy!

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Gumby said...

I would love some more songs just like this. I'm usually more of an album listener than individual songs or eps. But his three songs from his myspace page get regular rotation on my mp3 player. I hope some day we get some more.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home