Your Ad Here

Thursday, May 28, 2009

"What makes you feel so self assure?"

So I've been meaning to write about the new Green Day album for awhile because I've been really enjoying it. It's very much a continuation of American Idiot... a longer, denser cousin. Know Your Enemy has grown on me immensely and there are a ton of great uptempo rockers, but the ballads are really the standouts for me this time around. I've heard a lot of reviewers use the term "Beatles-esque" to describe them (a favorite term of reviewers), but I think there's definitely a Bowie influence in there as well. Take the swirling, symphonic glam of Restless Heart Syndrome. The song has such a seventies influence to it and a ton of falsetto. In fact, there's more falsetto on this album than any the band have released in the past. Check out Last Night On Earth and 21 Guns for two more awesome ballads. I had a hard time choosing which of the three to post because they're all fantastic.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home