Your Ad Here

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"2 + 2 don't add up to me and you"

With Glee's cover of Don't Stop Believin' debuting in the top five this week, I've been listening to a lot of 80's rock/powerpop lately. In my never-ending quest for new bands/artists, I've stumbled upon little known rockers Van Zant. They've got a very of-that-era Journey/Starship/Foreigner stadium sound. 2+2 is an insanely catchy uptempo track with the usual "I gave you everything, why don't you love me?" lyrics. But of course this genre was never really about the lyrics. All that matters are the riffs, the hooks and the vocals. Van Zant score on all three. The guys only have one 80's album released, but reunited recently for new material. They have ties to Lynyrd Skynyrd and .38 Special (not that any of that means much to me... I've never really been into southern rock). And for the record, this song is definitely not southern rock.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home