Your Ad Here

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Mamma just cross to the parallel world"

Even after twelve years, I'm still convinced that Aqua's Aquarium is one of the best euro-pop albums ever released. Sure, the group pretty much defines "cheesy" and are known in the States primarily for their novelty hit Barbie Girl (not their finest moment, though undeniably catchy and--dare I say it--classic). Their follow-up was a big disappointment for me, but I'm glad they're back with a greatest hits. The new tracks are a real return to form and proof that they should release a new album of original material asap. I find My Mamma Said to be especially interesting. It's a mid-tempo/dance track (you'll understand when you hear it) with a somber sound and a particularly nice melody. The male vocals aren't even that annoying. In fact, they're pretty darn good. The lyrics are a bit of a downer, but it's an interesting choice of subject for this type of band.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy their debut here.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

I really like this and am having somewhat of an aqua revival. I've always liked their more downtempo tunes. We Belong To The Sea is epic.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home