Your Ad Here

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Love and devotion have no place down here"

To tell the truth, I've always admired Heads We Dance's cover and album artwork more than their music. I've wanted to be majorly obsessed with them. I should be. Their music is the kind of synth-fueled pop that I go gaga over. The vocals never really caught on for me, though. I mean, the singer's talented and there's nothing wrong at all with the vocals, but for some reason I'm just not much of a fan of his type of voice. Weird, I know, but I can't help it. I am beginning to come around, though, because their debut album is really quite remarkable. It's got that futuristic, computeresque sound that brings me right back to the 80's. Apart from the singles, The Gold City is one of the standouts. In fact, it may be the standout. It's got a great glam swagger about it and sounds a lot like Pet Shop Boys. And then the choral part comes in about two-thirds through and I'm completely sold.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Brad said...

Hey, I know you're a Kelly Clarkson fan.. check out http://www.myspace.com/aranda .. they're the band that initially wrote and recorded "Whyyawannabringmedown" and "All I Ever Wanted", they're fairly wicked.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home