Your Ad Here

Monday, June 29, 2009

"I'm keeping my head in the clouds"

I have been super busy the past couple of weeks so I haven't had as much time to listen to new albums as I'd like. But, from what I've been able to glean from La Roux's debut (out today in the UK), it's total epic goodness. I'd already heard about half of the record, but the "new" songs are just as good as the old. La Roux's detractors have complained about the shrill vocals, but I think As If By Magic would be the track to turn those people's opinions around. The vocals are soft and poppy, and the melody drips with dreamy synths. It is exactly the kind of pop music that should be on the radio this summer, and I'm glad that the band's finding success in the UK. They're much more interesting than their synthy competitors (ie: Little Boots). I don't think there'll be any trouble picking future singles from this outstanding album, but this is just another example of a hit-in-waiting.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Yuяi said...

Wow, yesterday seemed to be a "magical" type of day. You and I both posted about "As If By Magic". Excellent song!

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home