Your Ad Here

Thursday, June 11, 2009

"There's nothing wrong with going nowhere, baby"

Maybe it's because there hasn't been much good new music released in the past few weeks, but all I've been listening to for the past few days has been Meat Loaf. I had my moment with Bat Out Of Hell II (aka: one of the best albums ever recorded) a decade ago, but while scrolling through my mp3 player I stumbled upon it again this Sunday. Ever since, it's been Meat Loaf. If there's anyone who hasn't heard BooH2 yet, I order you to go buy it (you haven't lived until you've heard the full twelve minute version of I Would Do Anything For Love), but I'm going to post a track from one of his more obscure releases today. Nowhere Fast is a Jim Steinman song released on ML's mid-80's album, Bad Attitude. It definitely sounds like it's from the 80's, with programmed synths and glossy production, but it's got all the bombast you'd expect from Meat Loaf. The bridge and chorus are absolutely epic. There is NO ONE out there that does this kind of stuff. After the disappointment of his last album, I hope Meat Loaf comes back strong. On a side note, I would LOVE to hear Adam Lambert sing songs from his back catalog. How awesome would a Jim Steinman collaboration be?

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom Q Public said...

Wow, Adam Lambert doing Jim Steinman ... never thought of that, but it'd be something alright!! As for "BooH2", I just recently picked up the deluxe version ('cause I may occasionally have use for the shorter single edits in mix CDs) in one of my last purchases from the BMG club ... definitely a great album!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home