Your Ad Here

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"Live forever, wait in line"

Sorry about the sporadic postings this week. You probably won't get one tomorrow either. I'm housesitting for my parents and don't have access to most of the music I'd be posting, so it makes things a little difficult (plus, I'm seeing HP tomorrow night :). Today, though, I've got a track from a little-known 80's group that's really an undiscovered gem. Industry follows the Duran Duran trend of the day, but I think they do it a little better. The lead singer's vocals are flawless and the pop hooks are piled on. They're best known for the oh-so-catchy (and oh-so-topical) State of the Nation (video here), but all their songs are worth hearing. Communication, which comes late in the album, is an especially poptastic 80's track. It reminds me of the Buggles a little bit. It's got that same experimental quality to it.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home