Your Ad Here

Monday, July 06, 2009

Malena Ernman's album came out recently in Sweden. In case you forgot, she was the winner of this year's Melodifestivalen with her wonderful entry, La Voix. I really want to like the full album more than I do (too many goopy Celine Dion-lite ballads and not enough bombast), but there were some tracks that really hit me over the head the first listen. Sempre Libera is another Kempe track, and a splendid one at that. For all intents and purposes, it's La Voix Part II--totally over the top and all the better for it. There's also a total camptastic dance track on the album called Tragedy. Not sure about that one yet, but it's definitely different. I would've preferred an entire album in the La Voix style of layered operatics over dance beats, but at least we got a few other tracks in that vein.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Gumby said...

I first started coming to your blog two years ago when you did a mid-year recap. Seems this year has been a bit slower, but do you plan on doing that again this year?

12:37 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I have been planning to do it, and probably will in the next week or two.
It has been a very, very busy couple of weeks, mostly due to an exciting project I've got going. So it's a good kind of busy. I'm trying my best to keep up the blog. The rest of the month should be easier. :)

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home